Return to Home Page
Other European Funding Programmes
Community Initiatives - Employment
There are four strands:
New Opportunities for Women (NOW)
Training, activities to support returners, networking, access to IT and enterprise creation targeting women.
Adaptation of workplace flexible training schemes, job creation and awareness raising aimed at supporting people with disabilities.
Targeting groups of people identified as disadvantaged including: unemployed and immigrants, people from ethnic minority groups, refugees, homeless people, drug addicts, prisoners and ex-offenders. Development of training, job creation, models of good practice, enterprise creation and information. This is a new strand.
For young people - under 20 - again through guidance and counselling, training and placements, job creation, information.
All the EMPLOYMENT strands are TRANSNATIONAL which menas you must be running your project with Transnational partners - organisations in other member states. You must have at least two partners, one of which must be from an Objective 1 region. These are Ireland, Portugal, Greece, Southern Italy, Parts of Spain, Former East Germany. The Commission does not look favourably upon UK projects which only have partners in Ireland.
- Due to the complexity, your first application for European funding should probably not be a transnational project.
- Finding partners can be hard and take a long time but try anyone, anywhere - use all networks and contacts.
- Ideally, visit partners as you develop your project - though not guaranteed funding this will assist the project.
- You must be prepared to cost in interpreters or translators. Don't rely on partners speaking English.
- Be innovative - use videos, faxes, email to communicate with partners and get participation at all levels. It is worth it.
To support activities minimising effects of the peace dividend (eg, RAF Bentwaters) and are in eligible areas. Funds have been secured for voluntary groups.
Dealing with results of industrial change including retraining
The development and transfer of training - can be for exising employees - must be transnational.
As above and for schools and colleges.
Information Technology development and distance working
Within 5b areas to support small community based initiatives to develop economy and to improve environment and cultural life.
Youth for Europe
Young volunteer exchange with other member states.